I was nominated for my first award! Yay! Thank you Kara @ Bernard’s Book Blog for nominating me, and if you guys haven’t saw her blog yet – check it out! She posts amazing reviews and articles, not to mention that she’s an awesome and funny person and bloggyfriend! I’m honored to accept this award (like an Oscar), and I’m also truly glad that someone even reads these ramblings of mine. Out of all the things I expected when starting this blog, I hadn’t even anticipated that people here are so kind and welcoming, that anyone is ready to help, and that you guys will actually read my posts, so thank you all! 🙂 ❤
The rules for accepting the award are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- Display the rules and the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post
Kara’s questions for me:
- Do you prefer cooking or ordering in?
Hmm both! Even though I love to cook, and can cook a decent number of exquisite meals, sometimes I’m just too lazy to live, not cook. Several times I even ordered from restaurants on my street which are, like 2 minutes away.
- Do you have any interesting hobbies?
Hmm well I draw (digitally mostly), but as that’s my job too I would have to say… reading? I’m also learning Portuguese, and I consider that a hobby since I’m not that committed haha.
- What’s your biggest fear?
Bugs, any kind. And failure. And deep water since I can’t swim.
- What do you do to calm yourself down when you get anxious/worried/upset?
I get anxious quite often, and if you don’t calm yourself quickly enough in my situation you can get a nasty panic attack, so I practice breathing techniques and mantras (I know this sounds kooky, but if you tell something to yourself often enough, your brain will learn to listen – I’ve learned to prevent my panic episodes).
- What’s the most interesting place you’ve visited?
Ohh nice question Kara! It’s Zaanse Schans! It’s a small historical village near Amsterdam, Netherlands, with preserved windmills and museums. It’s colorful and beautiful, I ate the best cheese in my life there, and that’s where I bought my favorite mug. Here are some pictures:
- If you were able to go anywhere in time and space, where/when would you go?
Aaand this is a difficult question, first because I have like 1000 answers, and second because women were treated like shit most of the time, so if I went to middle ages who knows what would happen to me, I’d probably be burned at a stake haha 🙂 I would choose Ancient Egypt because I’m obsessed with it, but preferably as some sort of noble or a maid, so I could meet Nefertiti or Hatshepsut.
- For book-to-movie adaptations, do you typically separate the movie version from the book to enjoy it as its own thing, or do you prefer to compare, analyze, and critique?
I do like to compare and nag about what was removed from the book version, but if I want I can separate them in my head so I enjoy both haha, that’s what I do with my favorite book-movies Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, but I couldn’t do that with The Hobbit, just couldn’t 😦
- Who’s your favorite superhero and why?
Hmm but I like villains Heroes are boring 😀 I could list like 10 favorite bad guys, but I could go with Batman for the sake of this question. The Christian Bale Batman ofc, I know no other. And why Batman – well he doesn’t even have a superpower and he still kicks ass!
- Would you prefer living miles underground or miles above the earth?
What kind of questions are these Kara, I’m both claustrophobic and scared of heights xD So, in the middle 😀 But out of these two – underground sounds better, as you can hide yourself there when the zombie apocalypse kicks in.
- Good guys or bad guys?
As I said – bad guys, I don’t know, am I crazy or is there an actual appeal in villains?
- If you could live in any fictional world, where would you live?
I think we all know the answer to this:
By the power vested in me, I nominate:
Amalia @ The Opinionated Reader
Aurora @ Aurora Librialis
Frankie @ Freed by Fiction
Hana @ Lady Bibliotaph
María @ Bookgraphy
Malanie @ Malanie Loves Fiction
Misty @ Misty’s Bookspace
Mo @ Jedi Library
Nicki @ Secret Library Book Blog
Lady Orangutan @ The Orangutan Librarian
Paige @ Just one more Pa(i)ge
Aaaand Kara @ Bernard’s Book Blog if you ever want to do it again 🙂
Now, I know some of you don’t do these kind of posts, but I’ve nominated you in spirit because this award is for positive, inspiring and creative people, and that’s what I think of you guys. 🙂 If you want, you can answer the questions in comments instead 🙂 And if any of you has already done this, feel free to ignore it, or you can post it again with new answers – up to you! 🙂 ❤
My totally random questions for the nominees:
- Name a fictional food/drink you’d love to try.
- Do you like animated movies? Which ones are your favorite?
- Who is your favorite villain and why? (book/movie/TV/etc.)
- Do you like to read one specific genre, or do you mix it up?
- Name 1-3 magical (or not) items from a book, which you’d love to own in real life.
- What is your favorite fantasy movie? You can list several, I’m not a monster!
- What is the most annoying habit you have?
- Name one country, one city and one historical site you’d love to visit before you die.
- What is your favorite fictional animal? (from a book/movie/mythology/etc.)
- Which do you prefer: seaside, mountains, countryside or forests?
- Tell us….your most embarrassing moment.
Bonus trick question (optional): Gandalf vs Dumbledore. Who wins?
P.S. I drew the sun image during an awful migraine, in a semi-hallucinatory state, with my mouse, so I apologize in advance for the ridiculousness of it.