Thank you so much Malanie @ Malanie Loves Fiction for nominating me for my second award ever, eeeek! 🤗 Malanie has a beautiful blog with great posts, so be sure to pay her a visit you guys! 😊
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog.
3. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well. (Maggie @okoto enigmas blog)
4. Tell your readers three things about yourself.
5. Nominate 10-20 people.
6. Notify your nominees.
7. Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, specifying one weird/funny question.
8. Share a link to your best post(s).
Three things about me:
- I am actually a hairy 40yo man living in my mom’s basement. At the moment I’m sipping Gatorade and googling hamster cracker gifs.
😆 😆 😆 😆 OK I apologize. I know I’m not funny, but a girl can try. Actually, the hamster thing is true:
Ok, let’s get serious, though I really don’t know what to say, I already shared too much in other posts haha 😅
- Thing 1: An anecdote: My grandmother started buying me books and teaching me English at the age of 0, so my mom protested because there’s this fact (superstition?) that if you learn to read too early you’ll develop a speech impairment, so she forbade me to read. But my grandma was a secret agent and didn’t give a rat’s ass, so one day my other grandma came to visit and after spending some time with me alone, she went and told my mom how cool is that I can read at the age of 3 (almost 4). My mom was like heeell no wtf? So I whipped out my favorite children’s songbook and started to read fluently af. My mom was like:
So thanks grandma, I have read something every day since. ❤️
- Thing 2: My top 10 favorite bands/musicians: Isis, Deftones, Tool, Cult of Luna, God is an Astronaut, Joy Division, Misfits, KMFDM, White Lies, Chelsea Wolfe, Massive Attack, Wolfnote, Royal Blood, Ramin Djawadi (the guy who does Game of Thrones music). Did I say ten?
- Thing 3: My great-grandfather was a famous Serbian satirist and aphorist. There is a literary award dedicated in his name, Vladimir Bulatović Vib, awarded to the best young satirists in Serbia.
1. If you had a million dollars, what would you spend it on?
1/4 on books, 3/4 on travels. I would definitely buy the Barnes & Noble leather bound classics and Knickerbocker editions, and The Lord of the Rings boxed set first! And I would travel to the Easter Island first because that’s the most expensive, most unrealistic, and my biggest wish in life.
I just need to see the moai before I die you guys! 😥
2. What hyped book, do you hate/dislike?
Ohohooo, I will get some hate now, but anything by Sarah J. Mass. Sorry, not sorry. To be fair, I would have probably read her if she wrote when I was 14.
3. What is your worst and best trait?
Oh man I could write a blog post on the first one! But I won’t. Let’s choose overthinking and questioning everything as the worst, because that harms me the most. For the best you’d have to ask my friends, but I would choose the one where I selflessly help people, I do that often even if people don’t quite get it, and I do it because – well I don’t know? Sometimes when I do, I even harm myself in return, but I do it again and again. It feels rewarding to know you’ve helped someone.
4. What is the most interesting thing you’ve read this week?
I’m currently reading The Price Guide to the Occult, and it’s really good so far. I’ve expected a trashy YA romance, but here we are on 40% and it is not. 🙂
5. If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
Lol my mom would wreak havoc and tear the bars to get me out because everyone would instantly know I’m innocent. I’m one of those people who look left, then right, then left again before crossing the street, and if a car still hits me I apologize. I’m the kind of people who have a feeling they’ve stolen something any time they exit a store, even though they never did. I am also stupid.
I hereby nominate:
Amalia @ The Opinionated Reader
Cat @ CatFairy Books
Frankie @ Freed by Fiction
Grainne @ Darkly Whimsical Reader
Hana @ Lady Bibliotaph
Kara @ Bernard’s Book Blog
Lacy @ A Ravenclaw Library
Marianna @ Marianna’s Corner
Mo @ Jedi Library
Norrie @ Reading Under the Blankie
My questions for the nominees:
- Is there anything you’re proud of doing/achieving and what is it?
- In your perfect dictatorship day-dream, which book would you ban and which one you’d give to the masses for free?
- If Edward Cullen bit you and you gained immortality, what would you dedicate your life to? After being properly disinfected and de-sparkled of course.
- Imagine your ultimate reading moment – the setting, the time, the weather conditions, the chair coziness aspect, every bit.
- Why is a raven like a writing desk? 😅 (this is the weird/funny question obviously)
My best post:
Hmm I don’t consider none the best, but this one sure is the longest one: https://booksofmagic.wordpress.com/2018/03/19/book-review-seraphina/