I have quite fond memories of this award, as it was the first one I was nominated for ever! I’ve been nominated three more times in the meantime, and I’ve finally gotten the time to answer the questions from these three amazing girls! Amalia, Hana and Loretta are the girls I’m talking about, and go and check out their blogs, you won’t be disappointed!
The rules for accepting the award are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- Display the rules and the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post
1. Imagine you could have your favourite literary character as a roommate for a week. Who would that be and why?
Hmm, I can’t choose a favorite character, but I know who’d make a good roommate! Jane, from My Lady Jane (yes, I know you’re sick of me by now haha), cause all we’d do is read and discuss books hehe.
2.Basketball or football?
Eek, sorry Amalia, I don’t like sports. 🙄
3. Winter Olympics or Summer Olympics?
Winter Olympics, because the only sport I do like is figure skating. It’s like ballet (which I adore), but with elegant ice-gliding. 😍
4.What is your favourite winter sport? (Do you see the pattern here:)
As I said, figure skating haha. I also (kind of) like skiing.
5. If you could erase any character from your favourite book who would that be and why?
I wouldn’t erase any character because each one serves its purpose. For example, awful villains like Dolores Umbridge or Joffrey Baratheon are very crucial for their respective storylines, we just love to hate them, right? And disgusting people like Humbert Humbert also serve their purpose, otherwise there wouldn’t be any story to tell.
6. You won a first-class ticket to the newest time-machine. What is the era of your choice?
Oooh tough choice! Let’s go to Henry VIII Tudor’s court and observe various scandals and beheadings surrounding his rule! I’m weird, I know.
7. What is your favourite book-to-film adaptation?
Omg Amalia, why are you doing this to me? 😀 Let’s say the extended LOTR versions, even though I’m still hurt about Tom Bombadil’s omission.
8. Which ancient mythology is your favourite? Why?
Egyptian. I’ve been fascinated with ancient Egypt ever since I was a wee kid, and I did my geeky high-school diploma thesis on it haha. I just find hieroglyphs and Egyptian mythology and gods fascinating and colorful and weird. 🙂
9. Fairy Tales or Folk Tales?
Ooooh Amalia, enough with the tough questions! I adore both and I’ve read plenty ever since I was a kid (I think you realize by now I was a geeky kid), but nowadays I slightly prefer folk tales, especially Irish, Welsh and Scottish ones.
10. Storyline or characters? Which one do you consider vital in a book?
Characters. If characters are done well, I can ignore a weak plot. If I read a novel with a perfect plot, setting, etc., but awful characters, I just can’t go through it.
11. Haunted houses or haunted forests?
Oh such tough questions! Let’s say a forest, because there’s more open space to escape the ghosts haha, in a house I’d go mad, especially with creepy mirror reflections and a creaky staircase.
Bonus question for the Westeros lovers: Who should win the Iron Throne?
The Iron Throne should be won by Daenerys of course, but I think we’ve all seen the omens of her going a bit mad and ruthless (especially now that she’s lost one of her babies), so I’m afraid she’ll be disposed of in the last season by someone like Varys or even Tyrion, leaving Jon to rule alone, or with their newborn child perhaps. We did get promised a bittersweet ending by GRRM, and D&D promised to keep that part true to the “books”. 😓
1. Do you like nonfiction? If so, what do you read?
Yep! I really like True Crime, it fascinates me, though I haven’t yet read much. I really want to read Mindhunter soon.
2. What’s your favorite book series?
Well Harry Potter duh!
3. Name 3 things you love about yourself. (Yes, I mean it. Doo ittt.)
Ohhhh nooo. 😀 Well I love that I’m a bookworm ha! I love that I’m a dog owner haha (is that really about me?). Aaand I love that I’m persistent and hard-working so I was able to get myself a good job that pays for lots of books. 😉
4. What’s your first memory?
Hmm I have quite a lot of memories before I was four years old, and I know that because we moved from a city to a small town at that time, but I don’t know which one was the first. I do remember my grandma taking me to the amusement park, and putting me into something like this:
I was in this helicopter thing from hell, and it would go up and down at great speed and the whole thing turned in circles at the same time. I was crying and screaming the whole time and I suspect that’s when I got my fear of heights.
5. Name a character (book, movie, tv) that you’d want to be best friends with.
I am sooo soo sorry but it’s Jane, I love you Jane!!! Also, Hermione.
6. What’s a little known fact about you?
Umm I guess not a lot of people know that I have a dragonfly tattoo on my back. I mean all over my back haha. My mom found out two weeks ago hahaha. 🤪
7. Do you have an author that you can’t stand?
Not really, because that would imply that I’ve read at least two shitty books by the same author, and why would I do that? I get burned once, I read you no more author!
8. If you could transport into any fictional world, what would it be?
Do you even have to ask? It starts with a Hog, ends with Warts. 😀
9. Where do you like to read?
In my bed with as many blankets and pillows I can build around me like a fort.
10. If you could have any superpower//magical power, what would it be?
It would be to slow down time, so I can read two books per day, or even better to turn back time, that way I can avoid some embarrassing moments as a bonus.
11. Do you like horror movies//books? If so, what’s your favorite?
Yes! I grew up with both, and horror was a significant part of my teenage years. I’ve neglected it a lot these last few years, so I plan to get back into it soonish. One of my favorite horror movies (because I have a lot) is The Conjuring. I generally like movies with ghosts and haunted houses the most, though I can’t not mention classics such as The Exorcist, The Nightmare on Elm Street, Hellraiser, Alien, etc. My favorite horror books is anything written by E.A.Poe and H.P.Lovecraft, who are among my top 5 favorite authors.
What Hogwarts House are you in?
Half Slytherin half Gryffidor, someone please tell me the name of it haha, it’s like the only combination without an abbreviation. 😥
1. What kind of paranormal creature would you be if you could choose one?
Witch, warlock, shifter, werewolf, vampire, fairy, ghost, etc. Sky’s the limit!
Fae. I would be a beautiful and utterly evil fae toying with people’s lives.
2. What’s a fun/weird/hilarious/interesting memory you have associated with books?
Probably getting Harry Potter from the library’s kids section for the umpteenth time, pretending it’s for my “baby sister”, and then being told by the lady librarian to enjoy it. She got me.
3. What book trope really gets on your nerves?
Love geometry. Like triangles.
4. What book trope do you have a weakness for?
The orphaned kid finding out he/she has magical powers and that he/she is destined to save the world from the evil dude.
5. If you could meet any celebrity who would it be?
6. What’s the last song you heard on the radio?
If it make you feel better, mine was “I want it that way” by the Backstreet Boys.
Ughh sorry Loretta hahaha. 😀 Mine was:
I absolutely adore this song.
7. If you won the lottery, what’s the FIRST thing you would buy?
My entire wishlist on Book Depository hahaha was there any doubt about it?
8. Who’s your favorite fictional character? List a few if you need to!
Well fictional doesn’t only include books, so I’ll use this opportunity to not blab about the same characters all the time. Tommy Shelby from Peaky Blinders, Charlie from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Gabby from Desperate Housewives (all the housewives, who am I kidding), Halliwell sisters from Charmed, Jamie and Claire from Outlander (oops), ughh there are thousands more, let’s stop here.
9. What TV show or movie are you obsessed with these days?
Westworld season 2. Mindblown.
10. What’s you’re most anticipated book(s) coming out within the next year?
King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo!
11. How do you stay motivated blogging and why do you keep doing it?
I don’t know, I just love it! I love writing about books so much that I’ve neglected the actual reading lately hahaha. I just feel that life is so much better and interesting since I’ve started this blog, and I never want to quit! ❤
Phew! 33 questions dude. Hope you guys liked my answers (and gifs), and that at least some of you made it through this post alive. Bravo, comrades. 👏
This time I’ll tag some people who haven’t been tagged for this award ever (at least I think so, I went through your posts thoroughly):
1. What is the first novel you’ve ever read?
2. What is your favorite animal?
3. What is your favorite graphic novel/comic?
4. What’s the worst book you’ve ever read and why?
5. Have you ever tried reading in another language, and which one?
6. Your favorite holiday, a book and a movie related to it?
7. You can choose one Deathly Hallow. Which one and why?
8. Cats or dogs? Or horses?
9. Do you have a hobby and what is it? You better not say reading hahah, that’s not a hobby, it’s a life calling.
10. Do you like art? If yes, who is your favorite illustrator/painter?
P.S. A friendly reminder to enter my very first giveaway which you can find in this post! 😉 Good luck everyone! ❤❤❤