This is probably the weirdest tag I’ve been tagged in so far, and who else has nominated me for it than my dear, weird friend Gerry @ The Book Nook UK. Other than being weird, Gerry is a witty writer with great content on her blog, so go and pay her a visit, you won’t regret it! Now why I think this tag is weird, you’ll see for yourselves soon enough.
Pick 30 fictional characters and write their names down. You then pluck two names by random at a time to answer one of the 15 questions and select the character that fits the criteria the best and so determine which character is not ‘good enough’ and relegate them to Fictional Character Therapy to work on their crushed self-esteem.*
*Gerry tweaked the rules because she’s weird that way, and I decided to go along with it because I am too.
1. You only have one more spot on your spelling B team. Who would you pick to complete your team?
Hagrid (Harry Potter) vs Mr. Norrell (Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell)
As much as I love the dear hug-bear that is Hagrid, and dislike the peevish and jealous Mr. Norrell, I think we all know who is the poor illiterate soul here.
I’m so sorry Hagrid, but Mr. Norrell is an intelligent scholar with quite a big library.
Loser: Hagrid 😥
2. Both characters want to kill you. Which one would you kill first so you have a better chance of surviving?
Ramsay Bolton (A Song of Ice and Fire) vs Inej (Six of Crows)
Great, so I’m up against a bloodthirsty sadist monster and the sneakiest knife-wielding assassin there is. I’d try Ramsay first, just because I don’t think Inej would torture me to death.
3. You’re on The Bachelor/Bachelorette and you’re down to these two characters. Which one are you going to give your rose to?
Robb Stark (A Song of Ice and Fire) vs Voldemort (Harry Potter)
Umm, well as much as I fancy Ralp Fiennes, I do not fancy him in his Voldemort form, so the rose goes to my RIP bae Robb #thenorthremembers.
4. You’ve been chosen for the Hunger Games. Who would most likely volunteer in your place?
Esme Weatherwax (Discworld) vs Saruman (Lord of the Rings)
This is obvious too, as Saruman would probably organize the freakin’ games. Granny Weatherwax is a kindhearted person deep down so I think she’d step in for me, because she does posses powerful headology skills.
5. You’re stranded on an island. Which character would you sacrifice to engage in cannibalism?
Gollum (Lord of the Rings) vs Blue (The Raven Cycle)
Uhhh… As much as I love Blue, I don’t even want to imagine what Gollum tastes like, yuck, so Blue – you’re roasted. We’ll add some taters too.
6. You’re the next DC/Marvel superhero (with your own TV show, of course). Who is your sidekick?
Nanny Ogg (Discworld) vs Lila Bard (A Darker Shade of Magic)
Lila would be an awesome sidekick with her pick-pocketing skills and wit, but I’d choose Nanny because we’re the kind of heroes who’d get sloshed on bananana cocktails together and then sing The hedgehog can never be buggered at all.
7. You’re a manager of an avocado admiring company. Who would you fire for lack of communication skills?
Ronan (The Raven Cycle) vs Tyrion Lannister (A Song of Ice and Fire)
Ronan would start a fight/fire/apocalypse on his first day on the job, so I think Tyrion would manage this perfectly. He did prove himself as a great communicator on several occasions.
8. You’ve just finished a book in which your favorite character dies. Which character is mostly likely to comfort you?
Jane (My Lady Jane) vs Kaz Brekker (Six of Crows)
I don’t think Kaz cares that much about books, but Jane feels me 100%. We’d probably cry together. I love you Jane.
9. Ugh, it’s high school. Who would most likely be part of the popular clique?
Gansey (The Raven Cycle) vs Alice (Alice in Wonderland)
Gansey, because he already is haha. 🙂 Alice would be a loony type of outsider.
10. The day has arrived: You’re finally a year older! Who would have the nerve to forget your birthday?
Bilbo Baggins (The Hobbit) vs The gentleman with the thistledown hair (Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell)
I don’t think Bilbo would forget my birthday, so I’ll go with the evil Fae who probably doesn’t even know what a birthday is because he’s immortal, and evil.
Loser: The gentleman with the thistledown hair
11. You’ve just found an upcoming BookTube star. Who would it most likely be?
Coraline (Coraline) vs Gandalf (Lord of the Rings)
Coraline has the sass, but Gandalf the grey has a magical pipe and loads of wise advice, so I’d love to listen to him review novels while blowing magical smoke shapes.
12. Sleepover time! Unfortunately, you can only invite one person. Who would you invite?
Kell (A Darker Shade of Magic) vs G (My Lady Jane)
Umm Kell, any time of day and night hehe. 😉
13. Bam, you’re pregnant. Who’s the father/mother?
Mad Hatter (Alice in Wonderland) vs Daenerys Targaryen (A Song of Ice and Fire)
I hope to dear god it’s Danny, because she’s already a fierce and protective mother, and I don’t want my kid going crazy. Though Dany has crazy in her family history ehh.
Loser: Mad Hatter
14. You’ve just written a super important text. Who would “see” it but not reply?
September (The Girl who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of her own making) vs DEATH (Discworld)
Definitely Death, because he’s not really familiar with the concept of human objects, and wouldn’t even know how to reply, or would consider it irrelevant.
15. You’ve just woken up and it’s time for breakfast. Your mom had been replaced by… who!?!
Dumbledore (Harry Potter) vs Dolores Umbridge (Harry Potter)
Lord please let it be Dumbledore, because if I ever woke up to that evil hag looking at me I’d run away from home forever.
Loser: Dolores Umbridge
whoever wants to do this!
So, this was fun. 😀 I even wrote down the names on little papers and pulled them out of the … pile. I’m not exactly sure if I did this right, meaning if I chose the right ‘losers’ for each question, so I mainly stuck to the title question for each one – who’s not good enough, hope I did this right, eh. Have a great reading weekend everyone! 🙂
P.S. A reminder to enter my very first, international giveaway! It’s ending in only nine hours, so hurry up, and good luck everyone! 🙂