Guys! I’m so sorry for my lack of blogging these past two weeks, but I had an awful internet connection on my vacation in Greece. 😓 I had a great time though, and I’m done with traveling for this year so I’ll be able to devote much more time to my blog! I’m especially hyped for October, because it will bring fall, Halloween, rainy days and some cozy reading moments! I’m already planning a theme change for the whole month, some horror and mystery reads, and I may do some guest blogging too, but more on that later. 😉 Now on to the point:
Woohoo, I’ve been nominated for this cool award not once, not twice, but three more times in the last month only! I hope you guys don’t mind me waiting for several nominations to build up, as it’s way easier to do a combined post. 🙂
Anyhow, this time I’ve been nominated by three amazing bloggers: Lena May @ Lena May Books, Norrie @ Reading Under the Blankie, and Gerry @ The Book Nook UK. Their questions are fabulous, and that just proves how witty they are and that you should consider paying them a visit on their own blogs. 😉
The rules for accepting the award are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- Display the rules and the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post
Lena May’s questions:
1. Where do you write the majority of your blog posts from?
From my bed, or any bed I happen to reside in at the time of writing. (Like in a hotel, or at my parent’s house, nothing kinky to see here 😛 )
2. How long does it typically take you to write a post? Edit it?
Whoa. Nooo. 😦 Well…the writing part is the quickest, it usually takes 30-60 minutes, depending on the amount of text, but the editing part… oh boy. Sometimes hours at end.
3. What is your go to drink or snack while writing?
My go to drink is coffee at any time of the day, but in fall/winter it’s usually tea or hot chocolate. Snacks, well… Let’s say I often eat regular meals in front of my laptop (Freelancer issues), so anything. I like pringles the most. 🙂
4. What inspired you to start your blog?
It wasn’t a moment of inspiration, more of desperation, as I needed something interesting to occupy my thoughts and to keep me sane at a troubling period. 🙂
5. What is your five year plan?
Okay, this is even worse than question #2. 😀 I don’t have it. I live day to day, as my job dictates that sort of life, but if I really need to visualize myself when I’m 32 years old (I’d rather not), then I’d like to feel as though I’d left some mark on this planet, something permanent, maybe have a child or paint a mural, something like that. 😀 I’d also like to travel a lot more before I’m 32.
6. If you were to write an autobiography what would the title be?
Whoa. Hmm. The Disaster Artist and A Series of Unfortunate Events are already taken, so I’ll go with something like “The Misfortunes of an Intensely Nervous Woman”. Scrap that, it sounds stupid, I’ll think on this.
7. What are your guilty pleasures?
Well chocolate and sweets of course, and romantic movies….BUT I have to emphasize that I don’t watch soppy stuff and horny stuff, rather movies like About Time, Amélie, Atonement, The Age of Adaline, Beginners, etc.
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go and why?
Everywhere. 😀 I’d love to see the whole world, but my greatest wish is to go to the Easter Island, probably because it will never happen, or New Zealand, for the same reason.
9. If you could meet anyone dead or alive who would you like to meet?
Dead – Terry Pratchett 😦 alive – Tom Hardy 😉
10. How long have you been blogging?
Since March this year.
11. What do you do when you are not blogging?
Working, eating, reading, eating, sleeping, hanging out with friends and my boyfriend, eating… I like to eat.
1. What is your favourite breakfast?
Sliced bananas on peanut butter on toast. 🙂 Or a fruity oatmeal.
2. What was your dream job when you were a child? Are you in that career now?
I wanted to be an archaeologist, specifically Egyptologist for my whole life. I’m a graphic designer now. 😕
3. How do you drink your coffee?
Instant coffee 3 in 1. 😀 Coffee + milk + sugar. If you’re asking about the manner I drink it in – sloppy, my mom calls me hollow-mouth. And I can drink one cup for hours.
4. What’s your current favourite TV show we should all check out?
5. What is your favourite way to relax?
Ehh, I don’t do relaxing, it’s a term unknown to me. I guess I feel most relaxed when I’m reading. 🙂
6. What gets your day off to a good start?
Rain. If it’s raining outside (and I don’t have to go out) it’s perfect. On weekends it’s pure bliss. I like thunder too.
7. Do your friends & family follow your blog?
Hmm, well one of my best friends is following me, but I’m not sure how much of this gunk she reads, and my boyfriend sometimes secretly spies on me, hi boyfriend! 🤗
8. Would you be ok to stay in a cabin in the woods by yourself for a week?
No. I’ve been to woods, real, huge, can’t-get-out-of-in-five-hours woods and it’s simply gorgeous. But when you see those huge animal tracks, or random human tracks, or hear a weird sound – nope. Not alone.
9. Describe yourself in five words.
Ahhh… but I’m not five-words special enough. :S Let’s try though: Bookworm, Dog-lover, Cat-lover, Artist, Traveler.
10. Do you travel light, or take half the house with you?
Half the house and more, if I can fit it in a bag or pockets. 😀
11. What are your hobbies, other than blogging?
None of these are actual hobbies but just some things I do: Drawing, Listening to music, Baking, Coloring, hmm, oh yes, gaming! And reading. 😛
1. Which villain in a book are you most like and why?
Annie Wilkes from Misery, except I’ll host George RR Martin in my quaint countryside home. 😂
2. What is the worst adaptation of a book (either TV or movie) that you have seen?
The Hobbit. I’m sorry, but that book is precious to me, and it was unnecessarily extended and ruined. I do like some parts of it though.
3. You get to pick a book mum to be your mum for the day – who do you pick? Why?
Molly Weasley, and you don’t even have to ask why. 😀
4. You’re a guest at a fictional wedding. What wedding are you attending? Bonus question: what gift (if any) do you bring?
Jane’s and G’s wedding from My Lady Jane, even though it was just a formality, but I’d make it a party! I’d give Jane a horse brush, and G a coupon for books which he can give to Jane, that would make them closer sooner. Except the brush maybe? If I can go to a TV wedding too, I’d go to Dr. Watson’s and Mary’s wedding, and get wasted with
Shezza Sherlock. I’d give John a lie detector, and Mary a slap.
5. Pick a song that sums your mood/ life right at the moment.
It doesn’t sum my mood or life, but it’s a top pick for the soundtrack of my life.
6. Two roads diverge in a yellow wood. You take one. What does it look like and where does it take you?
It looks like bricks, yellow bricks, and at the end of the road is a strange building, it’s mysteriously drawing me closer. I turn the dusty door-knob and enter, carefully. Out of a shadowy corner a man says “Welcome to Barnes and Noble, how may I help you?”
7. A witch has given you a potion, this potion will give you something you want but at the exchange of something of equal value. What do you want and what will you give up?
This potion will give me the ability to look into my future, but each time I look, I’d lose a precious memory from my past. You’re wicked Gerry.
8. Do you have a best time to write and post your blog posts?
Dead of night!
9. You roll over in bed one morning and there is a fictional character sharing your pillow! Who is it?
It’s Gollum and I chase him away with a stick.
10. You get to spend a week in a fictional place. Where do you go and what do you do?
Diagon Alley, and I go shopping!
11. Go to your TBR and select book number 11. What is it?
Uncle Silas by Sheridan Le Fanu. Guess I could read it soon, with October coming up. 😉
This time, I’ll tag several people who I last interacted with on here, as last time I chose people who’ve never been nominated for this award, and then no one did it… 😢
Of course, there’s no obligation to do it, I’ll just use this opportunity to reuse my awesome questions I spent at least an hour writing. 😛
1. What is the first novel you’ve ever read?
2. What is your favorite animal?
3. What is your favorite graphic novel/comic?
4. What’s the worst book you’ve ever read and why?
5. Have you ever tried reading in another language, and which one?
6. Your favorite holiday, a book and a movie related to it?
7. You can choose one Deathly Hallow. Which one and why?
8. Cats or dogs? Or horses?
9. Do you have a hobby and what is it? You better not say reading hahaha, that’s not a hobby, it’s a life calling.
10. Do you like art? If yes, who is your favorite illustrator/painter?
11. Are you open to a variety of genres, or do you stick to only one?
That’s it! Thank you to the ladies who nominated me, and I look forward to reading the answers if someone decides to do this again. 🙂 Have a bookish weekend everyone! ❤