Hi dear bookworms! Another TTT and another great topic to express our deepest bookish desires! This week’s prompt is Bookstores I’ve Always Wanted to Visit, which is great for me, as I’ve only ever visited local bookstores in Serbia, and only a handful abroad. Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, and every Tuesday there is a different themed post of top 10 things.
1. The definite number one on my list is of course Barnes & Noble. It is like an imaginary dreamland for me, which I’ll never ever visit but will always yearn for, eh…
2. Another imaginary dreamland for me is Waterstone’s. This one is more achievable though, so I hope to visit some day.
3. If I ever visit Paris, I know that my first stop will be Shakespeare & Company. Not only because of the wonderful selection, but because of the shop’s colorful history and gorgeous looks.
4. I have multiple reasons to visit Inverness, Scotland, so if I ever do, one of my stops will definitely be Leakey’s second-hand bookshop.
5. This one is probably on everyone’s list, which is no wonder because The House of Books in Saint Petersburg, Russia is a dream.
6. Another gorgeous bookstore I’d love to visit is Ler Devagar in Lisbon, Portugal. It’s a bookish heaven.
7. Just because I adore Portugal, I’ll add another one to visit there, this time in Porto. Livraria Lello & Irmão is one of the most beautiful bookstores in the world, you can’t argue that.
8. Another gorgeous second-hand bookstore I’d love to ransack is Richard Booth’s Bookshop in Hay-On-Wye, Wales. This amazing store is also a host to the annual Hay Literary Festival.
9. Would you love to read in a 700-year-old former Dominican church? I sure would! On my next trip to Netherlands, I’ll make sure to visit Dominicanen in Maastricht, a place straight out of a fairy tale.
10. And because I adore Netherlands, I’ll put a bookstore I actually did visit, but I’ll definitely go there again. The American Book Center is located in Amsterdam (There’s a store in Hague too), and it’s simply marvelous. This spiral bookstore is huge, and has the best selection of comics and books in English.
This is certainly not it, I’d love to visit each single bookstore in the world, but these 10 are on the top of my wish list. Have you guys ever visited one of these stores and what was it like? Have a great week everyone! ❤