In the past year I’ve met tons of interesting people in the blogging community. Since I don’t have any IRL friends who love reading as much as I do, when I found myself surrounded by all these wonderful readers I was beyond happy. With some of these lovely creatures I even communicate on a daily basis, and I am hereby presenting you Hana @ Lady Bibliotaph! Hana is a lovely and kind person, and we connected over tons of stuff we have in common, like fantasy books, true crime and cats. She’s also such a pleasure to chat with! She started blogging last year, like me, but then quit because of personal issues, like me, but now she’s back! Like me, lol! So I want to present her and her lovely blog to my readers, because sharing is caring and because she writes great content which deserves to be read! We devised 20 fun questions together for a cross-interview and here are her answers:
1. Hi Hana! Tell my readers a bit about yourself!
Hellooo. I’m Hana, I’m 23 years old, my birthday is May 8th, and I live in Wisconsin, USA!
2. What is the one thing most people don’t know about you?
Back in middle school, I almost won a spelling bee, so that’s kinda cool. Also, I can type really fast.
3. How would you describe yourself in one word?
I’d have to say genuine. I will always be real with you.
4. Do you have any hobbies and which ones?
I love to read, of course. I also love to draw, paint, and play video games. I’m currently really into playing Neverwinter on the PS4!
5. Do you have any pets? Tell me something about them!
My furbaby Juno is a feisty 10 year old cat. She loves graham crackers and popcorn. So she’s kind of weird.
6. Why did you start blogging?
Blogging keeps me productive when my depression tries to take my hobbies away from me. I also love to talk about books, and none of my friends read as much as I do.
7. What do you like most and least about blogging?
I love making friends, and meeting people in the blogging community. They’re all so lovely, and supportive.
I can’t stand deadlines. I am a procrastinator by nature, and having a set day to post can be daunting.
8. Favorite/least favorite blog posts to write?
I love to write recommendation posts. I could tell you what I like to read ALL DAY.
Honestly, I don’t entirely enjoy writing reviews, unless its about a 5 star or 1 star book. Sometimes I just don’t have much to say.
9. What are your top 5 favorite books of all time?
10. And your favorite and least favorite book character?
My 2 favorite fictional characters are probably Trudy the Bag Lady from The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe by Jane Wagner, and Kaz Brekker from Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo.
My least favorite character, for some reason I’m not entirely sure, is Jay Gatsby from The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I just couldn’t stand him when I read it.
11. Favorite and least favorite genre?
I will always gravitate towards weird fiction, and fantasy novels.
I generally stay away from historical fiction, and sci-fi. If I DO read those genres, I’m incredibly picky.
12. Do you have a favorite series and which one?
Six of Crows, of course, and I’m a huge Harry Potter fan. I grew up on Harry Potter.
13. What is your Hogwarts house?
I am a proud Ravenclaw.
14. What is your favorite place to read?
I like to be comfortable when I read, so I usually read on my couch, or in bed, with a fan blowing on me.
15. What do you like to drink and snack on while you read?
I drink a lot of tea, and I love all types of fruits.
15. What is your favorite book read in the last year?
16. Show us a book you own that has the prettiest cover!
17. Do you own a copy of your favorite book?
18. Now show us your bookshelf!
19. Show us your pet’s photo!
20. Wild card: Open a fiction book the closest to you at the moment, open it on page 13 and write down the seventh sentence!
“The Folk do not like debt, which is why they will not repay a favor with mere thanks.”
From The Wicked King by Holly Black
Make sure to check out Hana’s cool blog, her interview of me, and if you’d like to do an interview of this kind with me in the future – leave me a comment below!