Guys! I’ve been nominated for an award! 🤭 This is the first time I’ve been nominated in the last year, and the first time for this specific reward, so thanks are in order to Darina @ Facing the Story, who nominated me! Thank you Darina, and GUYS, go and visit her blog, because it’s filled with great content!
What is The Liebster Award?
“The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.” – The Global Aussie
- Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the Award.
- Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you
- Nominate 11 people
- Ask the people who you have nominated 11 questions
1. If you could pick anywhere in the world to be right now where would you pick and why?
The Netherlands! I’ve always dreamed of living there. ❤
2. Do you have any pet peeves?
Who doesn’t? Some of mine are: loud and nosy people, slow walkers, people walking on the bicycle path… yeah, people in general. Also… incoming phone calls.. made by people.
3. Do you ever skip to read the last few pages of a book to find out how it ends?
Nope! I accidentally did that once or twice and it ruined my life, so. BUT, when I’m reading a page and I just have a feeling something will happen next, I look down a few paragraphs and read it, and say ‘yess I was right’.
4. If you had to keep only one physical book in your home which book would it be and why?
First, this is cruel Darina 😆 And second – The Hobbit, because it’s my favorite standalone(ish) book.
5. What is your opinion on audiobooks?
I like them when the reading person (?) does their job right. Example of right – Sissy Spacek reading To Kill a Mockingbird. Example of wrong – whoever the woman is reading A Discovery of Witches, with her ghastly fake accents. Also, my focus is terrible, so I can only listen to a book while cleaning or laying in bed, so I don’t do it much.
6. Do you have a favourite quote that you like to live by or follow?
Hmm, probably all quotes by Terry Pratchett. Like:
7. What’s the first thing you like to do when you get back home from a busy day?
Take off my jacket/shoes, sprawl on the couch and light a cigarette. 🤷♀️
8. Imagine you wake up one day only to realise that you are famous. Would you love it or hate it?
I would hate it. Because famous implies people following/calling/annoying you. 😔
9. If the world from Fahrenheit 451 ever becomes a reality how would you react and what would you do?
I’m ashamed to say I haven’t yet read it. But, from what I know – I would go down with my books. I would never, ever conform to a world like that, and would resist it as long as I could, and if I had to die for books – so be it. The world like that isn’t worth living in.
10. Is there a book that made you fall in love with reading?
Hmm, I remember reading ever since I was a little kid, so I don’t know which book was the one, since I was raised with tons of books, but for my genuine love of reading and immersing myself into another world, the culprit is The Hobbit, which my mom got me as a present when I was 11.
11. If you met your five year old self right now what advice would you give him/her?
I am NOT fit to give advice to any kid, not even myself. xD Maybe – please draw more, you’ll be a better artist in your late 20’s that way. xD
Amalia @ The Opinionated Reader
Hana @ Lady Bibliotaph
Meeghan @ Meeghan Reads
Lauren @ Always me
Alex @ Whimsy Pages
And anyone else who wants to do it, just tag me so I can see the answers! 🙂 I’ve been out of the loop for a while, because of my hiatus, so I don’t know who else to tag, but I want to make friends – so tag yourselves! 🙂 Also – if I nominated you – you’re not obligated to do this tag, no worries! 🙂
1. If you had to pick the best 3 books from your 3 favorite genres, which ones you’d choose?
2. What’s the best setup for reading in your opinion? (Place, sounds, food/drink, time of day, etc.)
3. If you could become a creature from mythology/legends, which one would you be and why?
4. What are your thoughts on podcasts? Do you listen to any, and which ones?
5. Is there a genre you hate/dislike, and why?
6. What is the longest and the shortest book you’ve ever read?
7. What is your favorite meme ever?
8. Which fancy book features do you like? (Sleeves, flypapers, ribbons, etc.)
9. What’s your favorite food/meal?
10. If you could go for a cozy reading retreat for a couple of days, where would you go?
11. Recommend me a book! 🙂
A Wee Poll
As a side note – for a while now I’ve been a bit insecure about my blog design, so I created a small poll to see what my friends and followers think, and I’d appreciate it if you guys could check it out and vote! 🙂 It’s on my homepage, on the right sidebar, you just need to scroll down and you’ll see it. ❤