Hello everyone! I finally got around to doing my second Liebster award, and this time I’ve been tagged by the lovely LaRonda @FlyingPaperbacks. If you haven’t – go and check out her wonderful blog and content ASAP! Her questions were so much fun to answer, so I had a lovely Sunday afternoon thanks to her, and you can check out my answers below. 🙂 ALSO, a shout out to LaRonda and all other bloggers – check your spam comments because that’s where mine end up on your blogs, I don’t know why. :S
What is The Liebster Award?
“The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.” – The Global Aussie
- Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the Award.
- Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you
- Nominate 11 people
- Ask the people who you have nominated 11 questions
1. How long have you been blogging for?
If we don’t count all the breaks and hiatuses I took (And we won’t), then it has been a year and a half!
2. What makes a good/bad book for you?
A good book is one that has a well built world, plot, a great set of characters, nice prose, etc. Obviously, if one book has all of those then it’s a great one! A bad book, for me, is one lacking all of those traits, because I think that great characters can compensate the lousy plot and vice versa. It doesn’t mean I’ll adore that book, but I won’t hate it either!
3. Novellas? What do we feel about them?
I am so happy you asked! I adore them! First, because it’s very difficult to write a story that’s both short and engaging, so they’re rarely bad, and second, because they’re short! I enjoy reading a book from start to finish in one day, and I can only do that with novellas and shorter fiction.
4. How long does it take you to finish a series?
I am not glad you asked this one! 😀 I almost never finish a series in one go, because I want to read so many books and I instantly switch to something else, and the problem appears when I want to come back to a series but I’ve forgotten what it’s about. :S
5. Where’s your dream vacation spot?
I would love to go to some tropical island to lay around and read!
6. What is your favorite kind of merch to collect?
I love all kinds! I’m a hoarder lol. I have the most of magnets and bookmarks, but that’s because they’re cheap. :3 If I had more money I’d definitely collect mugs, prints and funko pop figurines!
7. Do you read a book in one go, or is it a little bit a day?
A little bit a day. I used to devour books when I was in high school and college but since I started working and living alone I rarely have the time. 😦
8. What do you do with a book you absolutely hate? Do you give it away, keep it, burn it…?
Luckily for me, I haven’t read a bad book that’s actually mine. It usually happened with library books, which I would return, and with ARC’s, which I always get in digital form. I choose my books wisely. 🙂
9. If you could change one thing about your blog, what would it be?
I would love to have time to post more and especially to engage more with other bloggers, as I always feel as I’m missing out. 😦
10. Do you review every book you read?
Nope. I don’t feel it’s necessary for really long series, for some well known classics, and sometimes I don’t review on time and then forget what the book is about.
11. What’s your favorite color? Why?
Purple! The hell do I know why. 😀 It’s flashy I guess haha. 😀
Lili @ Lili’s Blissful Pages
Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books
Kelly @ Another Book in the Wall
And anyone else who wants to do it, just tag me so I can see the answers! 🙂 I’ll use the same questions as the last time, because I’m not feeling creative at the moment, and because I’m tagging different people this time. 🙂 Also – if I nominated you – you’re not obligated to do this tag, no worries! 🙂
1. If you had to pick the best 3 books from your 3 favorite genres, which ones you’d choose?
2. What’s the best setup for reading in your opinion? (Place, sounds, food/drink, time of day, etc.)
3. If you could become a creature from mythology/legends, which one would you be and why?
4. What are your thoughts on podcasts? Do you listen to any, and which ones?
5. Is there a genre you hate/dislike, and why?
6. What is the longest and the shortest book you’ve ever read?
7. What is your favorite meme ever?
8. Which fancy book features do you like? (Sleeves, flypapers, ribbons, etc.)
9. What’s your favorite food/meal?
10. If you could go for a cozy reading retreat for a couple of days, where would you go?
11. Recommend me a book! 🙂