I’ve been tagged for the Liebster award again by the amazing Elara @ SpellBookworm, whose witchy blog you need to check out now! I’m so late for this, sorry Elara, but better late than never? I haven’t done one of these in such a long time, so I apologize in advance if I repeat some facts!
What is The Liebster Award?
“The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.” – The Global Aussie
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination.
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer.
1. Are you subscribed to any monthly book boxes, such as OwlCrate?
Nope, those are currently too expensive for me, or they don’t ship to Serbia. I would love to subscribe to one though, but my first one wouldn’t be a bookish one, it would be the glorious Pusheen Box.
2. What book would you love to see turned into a movie/TV show?
My Lady Jane 100% and my wish is coming true oh my oh myyyyyy!
3. What tropes can’t you get enough of?
I don’t like anything being repeated too much, it’s just boring. If I had to choose, maybe the chosen one trope, it all depends on how the chosen one handles it.
4. What tropes are you sick of?
All of themmm. I mostly dislike the romantic ones: love triangles, love interest is a villain, lovers to enemies etc.
5. Is there a book that you weren’t sure you’d like, but ended up liking?
There are many! Each time I start an ARC I’m taking a chance, and it rarely happens that an ARC becomes a book I’ll love forever. For example – The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle.
6. What book character do you relate to most?
Currently – Bilbo Baggins, because I eat 11 times a day.
7. How would you feel if you had to trade places with the protagonist of the last book you read?
Ughh I would feel horrible because that protagonist is Camille from Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn. You’ll find out why soon in my review!
8. If you had to choose, what book villain would you be?
Oooh nice question! I love villains so it’s hard to choose, but off the top of my head I’d be Cersei from A Song of Ice and Fire, minus the incest.
9. What’s your favorite magic system?
I actually prefer if the magic is wild and unclassified, like, for example in Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell. If I have to pick a magic system, I like the one Leigh Bardugo created in her novels the Grisha.
10. Is there a special bookshop or library in the world that you’d love to visit?
All of them please! ^__^ I would enjoy any place with books honestly, either new or used, but here’s a list of some magical bookshops I’d love to visit.
11. What advice would you give to new book bloggers?
Oh, I’m not really the one to give out advice, except – have fun! If you’re not having fun, it doesn’t make sense anymore.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I had a kidney surgery when I was 20.
2. I am obsessed with My Favorite Murder podcast.
3. I studied graphic design in college.
4. I have an aversion to velvet and cotton (Like cotton balls).
5. I don’t know how to swim and I’m terrified of deep water.
6. My natural hair color is brown, but I’ve been dyeing it for the last 15 years.
7. I lived in Switzerland for 6 months when I was a toddler because Serbia was at war.
8. A ghost stole my camera when I was 15.
9. I watched The Nightmare Before Christmas over 20 times.
10. I quit smoking 1.5 months ago! After 15 years!
Jess @ Jessticulates
Gerry @ The BookNook UK
Marianna @ Marianna’s Corner
Yesha @ Books Teacup and Reviews
Alex @ Whimsy Pages
Meeghan @ Meeghan Reads
And anyone else who wants to do it, just tag me so I can see the answers! 🙂 If I’ve tagged you, you’re not obligated to do the tag!
1. If you had to read just one genre forever, which one would you choose?
2. Do have any hobbies besides reading and what are they?
3. What is your favorite animated movie?
4. What is a cool new TV show you’ve been watching recently?
5. How do you have fun/relax in quarantine?
6. What makes you pick up a book?
7. Where would you like to travel next, once this is all over?
8. If you could pick one author to live and write forever (Or as long as you live), who’d you pick?
9. What do you like to drink while reading?
10. What is your favorite legend/folktale/fairytale?
11. Recommend me a book from your favorite genre! 🙂